Date and time: 19:00-21:00, May 12, 2022 (GMT+8)
The global economic outlook for 2022 is highly uncertain under the combined impact of global pandemic, geopolitical risks and inflation pressures, urging most economies, especially developing countries, to reexamine essential issues such as energy security, supply chain security, and financial stability.
Looking ahead, the platform BRICS, formed by world’s five major developing economies could play a key role in global economic recovery, while enabling the emerging economies to work together to cope with external risks.
In this BRICS webinar, themed “Increasing Role of BRICS in Responding to the Global Economic Uncertainties” organized by China Development Institute, experts from the five nations are gathered together for debates and discussions in hope to shed lights on the challenges faced by the BRICS and the world.
- How should BRICS nations give full play of each one’s comparative advantage and complement one another in forming an active industrial chain?
- How should BRICS nations cooperate in building financial resilience against increasing global financial instabilities?
- In what ways could BRICS nations advance bilateral and multilateral collaboration in science, technology and innovation in facilitation of regional and global economic recovery?
* Simultaneous interpretation between English and Chinese is available for this zoom webinar
* For more details, please contact Ms. Penny Liu (email@example.com)