2022 marks the beginning of the world’s largest free trade agreement, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP).
Against the backdrop of the ongoing global pandemic and a struggling global economy, the RCEP is expected to boost regional economic recovery and create economic momentum for years to come.
This edition of CDI webinar aims to provide a platform for open and inclusive dialogue between scholars from RCEP member countries,
with the shared information and insights helping attendees to better understand and benefit from the RCEP.
- Among the wide range of topics covered by the RCEP agreement, which specific areas are suitable for the early harvests of win-win cooperation under the RCEP?
- How should RCEP member countries collaboratively build a resilient and safe regional supply chain and value chain, which facilitates the regional economic stability?
- How can local businesses adapt and benefit from the RCEP, especially the MSMEs that have been hit the hardest by the changing global economic landscape?
This webinar is made possible with the invaluable support from fellow think tanks. As we strengthen bonds with old friends, we look forward to building new friendships in 2022.
In order of appearance:
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation
- Institute of Developing Economies Japan External Trade Organization
- The Australian National University
- University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Korea Institute for International Economic Policy
- KSI Strategic Institute for Asia Pacific, Malaysia
- Thailand Development Research Institute
- Singapore Institute of International Affairs
- University of the Philippines Diliman
- Royal Academy of Cambodia
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Central Institute for Economic Management, Vietnam
- Center for Strategic and International Studies, Indonesia
Zoom meeting registration: